06-Oct-2010 12:54:00 GMT
ICC Awards 2010 - Tendulkar Cricketer of the Year
Bangalore: MS Dhoni, the India captain, has been named the captain of the Test team of the year during the 2010 ICC Awards in Bangalore.
Test Team of the year: MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Virender Sehwag, Kumar Sangakkara, Graeme Swann, Sachin Tendulkar, Hashim Amla, Simon Katich, Dale Steyn, Jacques Kallis and Doug Bollinger.
Ricky Ponting was captain of the ODI team of the year, leading a team.
ODI Team of the year: Ricky Ponting (capt), Sachin Tendulkar, Shane Watson, Michael Hussey, AB de Villiers, Paul Collingwood, MS Dhoni (wk), Daniel Vettori, Suart Broad, Bollinger and Ryan Harris
AB de Villiers, the South African batsman, won the ICC ODI Player of the Year Award, edging out Sachin Tendulkar, Ryan Harris and Shane Watson, who were the other nominees in the category.
Brendon McCullum, the New Zealand batsman, has won the ICC award for the best Twenty20 performance of the year for his 116 not out against Australia in Christchurch in February. He was the first winner announced during the the 2010 ICC awards in Bangalore.
Netherlands allrounder Ryan ten Doeschate has won the ICC Associate Player of the Year award. ten Doeschate's performances during the English domestic season has made him a sought after player in international Twenty20 competitions. He has been signed by Tasmania for the Big Bash and by Canterbury for New Zealand's domestic tournament.
Steven Finn, the England fast bowler, has won the award for Emerging Player of the Year. Finn, 21, made his Test debut against Bangladesh in March and has since taken 32 wickets in eight matches.
New Zealand have won the ICC Spirit of Cricket Award, while Aleem Dar, the Pakistani umpire, has won the Umpire of the Year Award for the second time in a row.
Here's a look at who has won so far:
- Cricketer of the Year: Sachin Tendulkar
- Test Cricketer of the Year: Virender Sehwag
- ODI Cricketer of the Year: AB de Villiers
- Test Team of the Year: India
- World ODI Team of the Year: Australia
- LG People’s Choice Award: Sachin Tendulkar
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: AB de Villiers
- Women’s Cricketer of the Year: Shelley Nitschke
- Twenty20 International Performance of the Year: Brendon McCullum for his unbeaten 116 against Australia.
- Associate and Affiliate Player of the Year: Ryan ten Doeschate
- Emerging player of the year: Steven Finn
- ICC Umpire of the Year: Aleem Dar